“Cyberbully” includes posting a message or statement in a public media forum about any other person if both of the following apply:
• The message or statement is posted with the intent to communicate a threat or with knowledge that it will be viewed as a threat.
• “Pattern of harassing or intimidating behavior” means a series of 2 or more separate non-continuous acts of harassing or intimidating behavior.
• “Public media forum” means the internet or any other medium designed or intended to be used to convey.
You can also view my PSA on the anti-cyberbullying law here.
If you or a loved one have been a victim of cyberbullying, you should contact your local law enforcement office.
You can find contact information for your police or sheriff’s department here.
• Up to 93 days in jail and/or max fine of $500
• Up to 1 year in jail and/or max fine of $,1000
Harassment that causes injury
• Up to 5 years sentence and/or $5,000 fine
Harassment that causes death
• Up to 10 years in jail for felony and/or $10,000 fine